Last week we did elbow patches, this week is leg warmers!
I opted for a multifunctional leg warmer. I know it sounds tricky, but it’s not. I used some scrap fabric so one side of the leg warmer has three tiers while the other only has one. This gives me plenty of options.
1. Cut the sleeves off your sweater. Cut the bottom ribbed part off, about 3″ total
2. Cut the raw edge (near shoulder) off so it’s straight across. Measure the circumference of the opening. This is your width.
3. With your second and third fabric (must be stretch of some sort) cut rectangles 8″ and 14″ tall and match the width measured in step 2 plus 1 ” (seam allowance).
4. Finish the upper edge of the 2 spare fabrics (roll or surge). Sew your waist band strip and two extra fabrics into tubes, like above
5. This next step was tricky to diagram, so bare with me. Now you are going to place your tubes inside each other from tallest to shortest. So it’ll go gray, dotted then green. Line up the bottom edge. Pin together
6. Now place the sleeve section from step 2 inside all of those. Pin
7. Using elastic thread in your bobbin, stitch along the bottom edge.
And that’s it! So now you can wear these bad boys multiple ways. You can tuck the upper black portion in so you only see the patterned fabric and the green. Or flip the whole thing over so you only see the green!