Ok, maybe not never. But here’s a good option for making bows to match your wrapping paper or just for fun. There are a couple different ways you can go about this. This tutorial will be for making what I call a “mega bow.” It’s almost 8 inches in diameter. I’ll be using large pieces, in 3 layers, with an 8-point configuration. But this can be done with less layers, smaller pieces and more or less points.
All you need is paper, scissors and tape. (The blue picture to the left is made out of, what else, Post-It notes)
1. Cut 10 pieces 1 in x 4 in
2. Cut 8 pieces 1.5 in x 6 in
3. Cut 8 pieces 2 in x 7 in
4. Fold 8 of the 1 in pieces and all of the 1.5 in and 2 in pieces into cones. Tape in place
5. Tape together 4 of your largest cones.
6. Tape together the last 4 largest cones
7. Continue this for the next two layers
8. Tape 1 on the remaining 1 in pieces into a loop. Tape down to the middle of the bow.
9. Tape the last 1 in pieces into a loop around the loop you made in step 8. Tape this loop down to the bow.
And you’re done!!
Link Parties for this post: